Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Charging an Aussie Laptop 2009/5/27 10:24
I have a Toshiba laptop and it has a universal transformer so it will work from 100-240V, however because I am from Australia the plug has 3 pins and all the adapters I can find for Japan only fit 2 pins into them. I think the third pin might be an earth pin? But it doesn't fit into the Aussie side of an adapter, how am I meant to charge it? I emailed a travel accessories website and they said that they don't recommend it but when they travel they unscrew the front of the adapter to fit the third pin in. I'm sure this isn't a good idea though.

Has anyone (perhaps any Aussies) had this problem and found a solution? Most plugs in Australia have 3 plugs so I don't know why none of the adapters cater for this.

The only solution I can think of is perhaps getting a Japanese cord that can plug from the Toshiba transformer into the powerpoint but I have no idea where I would find such a cord.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
by AusEz  

BIC 2009/5/27 11:15
Hi AusEz,

BIC Camera have the cable unit you need. I also had the same issue when I first went to Japan with my Toshiba laptop.
4 years ago that cable cost me 1000yen at bic. It was near the lan cables in the shop.
by Kevin (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread