Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Autumn itinerary 2009/5/27 18:02
Hello!
Could you give some advice about my autumn travel to Japan? I am going to there in November. In my plan is 6 days in Tokyo, 3 days in Nagano, 6 days in Kyoto, a few days in Shikoku and 11 days in Kyushu. But I donLt know which time is the best for every of this places. How should I plan all journey. Whether should I start in Tokyo or start in Kyushu. Can you help me? I know it is very difficult requiry... I appreciate every idea, recommendation and advice!!! Thank you very much! Have a nice time!!! Petis
by Petis  

... 2009/5/28 08:38
Are you asking for timing regarding autumn colors?

Autumn colors in Tokyo and Kyoto and the lower elevations of Kyushu and Shikoku are usually best in the second half of November. In the Nagano region and the higher elevations of Kyushu and Shikoku, you can see autumn colors in the first half of November.

Transportation wise (and not considering autumn colors), it would be most efficient to travel as follows:

Kyushu - (boat) - Shikoku - (train or bus) - Kyoto - (train) - Nagano - (train or bus) - Tokyo

or the other way around.
by Uji rate this post as useful

autumn foliage 2009/5/28 09:08
reference for autumn foliage:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2014.html
by William5 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread