Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

WoW at an internet cafe? 2009/5/27 22:33
I'm in Tokyo, and I really want to play WoW. I was just at Manboo last night, but they don't have it installed. I was wondering if anyone knows of an internet cafe that has it already on the computers? Thanks!
by Kristi (guest)  

different software versions 2009/5/28 23:35
i havent been on tokyo so i wouldn't know where it will be, but just to let you know:

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US...

the official site doesn't list Japan as a country that can connect to the US version of WoW. Most games are localized so that when you play a MMORPG from one country, a different version exists for another. You don't see many chinese(apart from the farmers) play in the US version right? Sure, this sytem makes gameplay faster but it makes it harder if you want to play a game overseas, or play a game with a friend overseas(which was the case for me)
by a (guest) rate this post as useful

different software versions 2009/5/29 00:04
There is no Japanese version of the game released yet, but people who play it here usually play on the North American release. I've played from my friend's laptop, but we want to try to find a place where we can play together rather than one at a time.
by Kristi (guest) rate this post as useful

LF a WoW Cafe 2009/7/12 16:06
I am also looking in Tokyo or Fukouka. If anyone knows please message here.
by Nathan (guest) rate this post as useful

Trusting aren't you 2009/7/13 13:30
So you are willing to trust that an unknown computer in a random internet cafe doesn't have spyware or keylogging software on it?
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

use at your own risk? 2009/7/13 15:24
So you are willing to trust that an unknown computer in a random internet cafe doesn't have spyware or keylogging software on it?

Isn't that a peril of using basically any public computer? And its a WoW account, not an internet banking password. Or has there lately been a rash of WoW account thefts and gold siphoning that threatens the collapse of the simulated economy?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread