Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

casting aspiring actors in Tokyo 2009/5/29 16:26
I will be in Japan in the beginning of June and intend to shoot a short film. I posted a casting ad on Craigslist Tokyo, and got a few replies, but they all are from gaijin. Evidently Craigslist isn't nearly as popular in Japan as it is in the States. So... where do the Japanese filmmakers put their casting ads? Needless to say, this is not a studio production, I am looking to cast some acting students, or, if I am lucky semi-experienced actors on hiatus. A friend of mine has translated my ad into Japanese, so it's ready to go, but... where to? Thank you.
by Torgo2000  

I have no experience but... 2009/5/30 06:08
Maybe you should put in ad in the local news paper. If your short movie is a real deal, then you could probably contact an agency like Avex and tell them the type of actor(ess) you need.

Hope this helps! Sorry if its bad information.
by Kira (guest) rate this post as useful

www.mixi.jp 2009/5/30 18:41
if you have a mixi account or a friend who uses mixi, which is something like a crossing of myspace and facebook, it's quite easy to find short film maker groupings with lots of filmmaking notices.
by yukirocks rate this post as useful

. 2009/5/30 19:25
Assuming it was written in Japanese and not English, then newspapers and magazines. As well as going on the street and handing out flyers, though that might be harder to do in your case.
by Express Train (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread