Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Studing Japanese 2009/5/31 16:47
Hi everyone,
i just graduated from a university here in the U.S. with a BA in Japanese language. What i want to do is continue studying Japanese, but this time in Japan. so far, I am mostly worried about the financial situation that i will eventually come across. I have already saved a total of $6000 to make the move. i have yet to apply to a school. but right now, i am looking into KEIO, ICU, Waseda, and some other colleges in Kansai area as well. If i get a student visa, what are some of the ways i can do to earn some extra income? are campus jobs viable? thanks, Jason
by Jason (guest)  

... 2009/5/31 22:35
If you come on a pre-college (language school) or college (university or college) visa status, after a few months into the study you should be able to take up part-time work, such as teaching English part-time. But the amount you've mentioned is not quite enough to get started if tuition is supposed to be covered by that saving.

Not many Japanese universities of course offer majors in Japanese, of course, as they are in Japan. So are you thinking of continuing to study a subject of your choice, for example, business or communications or something, IN Japanese, or are you thinking of attending a dedicated language school at an advanced level?
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread