Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nokia e63 in Japan 2009/6/2 22:53
I've recently bought a Nokia E63-2 and when I put the simcard I normally use from Softbank it does not work, although I manage to connect to internet only.

Is there someone who can help me how to go about it.
Regards
by kamondo  

Probably not; is internet through Wi-Fi? 2009/8/21 00:05
I have an E75-1 which I bought in Kuwait, and it works everywhere in the world except here. That is, it *would* work (I can roam from home on it), but SoftBank refuses to sell or rent a SIM card, as far as I can tell. My guess is that your internet connection is through your Wi-Fi, and nothing to do with the SIM card--I have no doubt that the cell providers here are savvy enough to query your IMEI and cut you off if it's not actually a phone they sold you.
Just t be clear--I can roam with T-Mobile from home with this phone in Japan. That means that this phone would work here, except that in Japan, working with others is not important. Forcing you to buy ugly, barely functional handsets is important.
by haakondahl rate this post as useful

sim 2009/8/21 09:24
That is, it *would* work (I can roam from home on it), but SoftBank refuses to sell or rent a SIM card, as far as I can tell.

If obtaining a SIM is your only problem then be aware that Softbank has rental SIM cards. They are only available at the Narita Airport, Kansai International Airport, Nagoya / Central Japan Intl Airport, Fukuoka Airport, and New Chitose Airport branches.

http://www.softbank-rental.jp/en/phones/sim3g.php

That means that this phone would work here, except that in Japan, working with others is not important.

Hmm, but your phone will work here...
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread