Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Air Wave Perm 2009/6/3 09:39
After years of straight perms, my hairdresser here in Japan has suggested I try an Air Wave Perm to hopefully get natural waves.
I cannot find much infomation in English about this type of perm, so if anyone has had one would you care to share your experiences?

My hair is naturally blonde and naturally straight. Im concerned that the perm will damage my hair. I only want soft natural looking waves, not springy curls. How long did your perm last for? How easy is it to style in the morning? Did you experience any damage? Have you colored your hair since?...
by Ann (guest)  

... 2009/6/3 10:12
http://www.rasysa.com/special/200709001/airwave/qa.html

I've never had it done but a little search got me to this page - they say it's good for people with soft hair that tends not to have much volume, for soft curls, as shown in the photos on this page :)
by AK rate this post as useful

follow up 2009/8/26 19:52
Just a follow-up to my original post. I went ahead and got my airwave perm. Although my stylist spoke great English and I dont think there was a communication problem, the end result is nothing like what I wanted (I wanted hair like in the link someone else posted). My curls are tight, and although nicely defined, just kind of 'hangs there' without creating body or volume. I must use product to define the curls whilst hair is wet - if i just leave it to dry with no product it turns into a poofy mess. Through the use of product its easy to care for however, and is no more damaged than it was going into the perm.

If you have non-asian hair or hair that is more fine, then I dont know this is a great option. I dont know if my stylist just didnt listen to my request or if what i asked for was not possible with my hair type. Oh well, should be gone in 6 months.

Back to straight perms for me.
by Ann (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread