Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Marriage Proposal 2009/6/5 13:36
Ok guys this may have been asked before but I need fresh ideas.

I am taking my gf to Japan in Late Feb and early March next year.
We will be in Tokyo, Hiroshima, Osaka, Kyoto and Hakon (maybe)

Where is the ultimate place to propose to her?
by 89VIP  

No brainer 2009/6/5 14:07
That would have to be at the top of Mt Fuji just as the sun rises.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

Hmm.. 2009/6/5 14:28
Mt. Fuji always sounds good, but the it isn't the most prettiest place around.
My brother proposed at some gardens near Kinkakuji on one of the small bridges there. He could set the camera up on timer to get pics while doing it too.
by Smoke (guest) rate this post as useful

idea 2009/6/5 14:52
Mt. Misen at the top of Miyajima island is very beautiful and has excellent views of the Seto Inland Sea. And it's not as long as a trek as going up Mt. Fuji. You take cable cars there and then it's a fairly short hike to the top.

Although Mt. Fuji is a good idea too, although from pictures I've seen it's pretty barren up there. Miyajima is very green and lush and has the sea around it.

Hmmmm. That's a good question though. I'll have to see if I can think of other places, but Mt. Misen definitely popped in my mind first.
by Jesse (guest) rate this post as useful

trhanx 2009/6/5 15:23
thanx guys keep them coming.
We wont be going up Mt Fuji so thats out of the question.
Also i dont want to do it at the typical places. (Tokyo Tower, Disneyland) that kinda stuff.
by 89VIP rate this post as useful

No brainer 2009/6/5 15:31
That would have to be at the foot of Mt Fuji just as the sun rises from the top of the mountain.

It's called Diamond Fuji, and there are only a few spots and occasions where you can see them.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Kyoto 2009/6/5 15:32
There are many many beautiful places in Kyoto, Kyoto is a must.
by DS (guest) rate this post as useful

Under cherry blossoms 2009/6/5 16:56
Since you'll be in Japan at the earliest part of the cherry blossom season, you should take advantage of it. The cherry blossoms may begin to bloom in March in southern Japan. How about Okinawa?
by natsumi (guest) rate this post as useful

Nagano 2009/6/5 17:00
Otherwise, you could propose to her in an onsen at a ski resort in Nagano (Shiga Kogen, perhaps) in late February.
by Natsumi (guest) rate this post as useful

no mt fuji 2009/6/5 19:09
hey guys. Ok so no MT Fuji it is.
we are not going to Hakon now due to the rykon we wanted to stay at is booked out.

so kyoto maybe hey. what else??

.... 2009/6/5 19:14
Tokyo Disneyland
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Kinkakuji (Kyoto) 2009/6/5 19:21
Early in the morning, before the crowds, at Kinkakuji, with the gold ring in your pocket.....
by fmj rate this post as useful

proposal proposal 2009/6/5 19:23
I agree that, based on your itinerary, Kyoto would offer the best choice of suitable locations. The problem though is that generally, the sort of places that would be beautiful to propose at are likely to have crowds of other people around and that might take some of the magic away from the moment. The place I'd therefore recommend is the Hakusanso Villa & Garden at the Hashimoto Kansetsu Memorial Museum. This is one of Kyoto's lesser known gems and the garden is a delight that you may, at that time of year, have more or less to yourselves...

http://www.pref.kyoto.jp/visitkyoto/en/theme/sites/trad...
by slefty (guest) rate this post as useful

oops 2009/6/5 19:26
sorry.. that should have read Hakusasonso Villa

good luck!
by slefty (guest) rate this post as useful

Miyajima, maybe??? 2009/6/5 21:23
Miyajima is quite nice place to propose if you go to Hiroshima, I think. It is a World Heritage site and the Itsukushima Shrine has a huge red gate. You can check it out on travel sites.
by Kumiko (guest) rate this post as useful

suggestions 2009/6/5 23:49
If you don't mind the crowd, here are 2 suggestions:

In Kyoto's Kiyomizu-ji, negotiate the distance between the "mekura-ishi" stones with your eyes shut is said to ensure an everlasting marriage. Do it before you propose.

Arrange to visit Miyajima during high tide to see both Itsukushima Shrine and its offshore torii "floating" on water. (for tide condition, check out http://tinyurl.com/5nmt47) Walk out to the Nob stage deck platform of the shrine which offers the postcard view of the torii. Do your proposal there and I'm sure it will be remembered forever.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Red Gates 2009/6/6 08:01
It looks like I might do it at the red gate. I have just looked at photos of all the places and it seems to be the best one that fits us. so far.....
We may get over there and i might c a better place.

reply to this thread