Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

3 week travel Itinary 2009/6/6 17:43
Dear all,

I have planned to go to Japan during August for 3 weeks and i'm trying to figure out where to go and what the best places are for me to visit. I would love to see the original Japan as I know it on pictures and I would love to see the hectic and busy cities as the peaceful and relaxing nature sights. For that I've created a 3 week Itinerary and I was hoping that you would like to review it for me.

- Tokyo (5 Nights, 5 Days)
Fish market, Ginza, Central Tokyo, Shinjuku, temples and a daytrip to Kamakura

- Mount Fuji (1 night, 1 Day)

- Nara (2 Nights, 2 Days)

- Hiroshima (3 Nights, 3 Days)

- Beppu (2 Nights, 2 Days)

- Another place in Kyushu (2 Days, 2 Nights)

- Kyoto (3 Days, 3 Nights)

- Nikko (3 Days, 3 Nights)

- Tokyo (1 Day, 1 Night)

I don't want to rush and see as many sights as possible in the 3 week period of time. Is this now too busy or is this a good itinary for Japan. And do you have any recommendations on Kyushu Island. I thought about Yakushima for 2 days but that is quite expensive or going to Kirishima national park?
And when is it the best time to go to Himeji. After Kyoto or after Nara.

I hope that you would enlighten my path for me and that you would like to help me.

Cheers,

Stefan
by stefanrietdijk  

... 2009/6/7 06:17
I think 3 days and nights is too long for Hiroshima. I recommend to shorten it by 1 day and night.

Similarly 3 days for Nikko is long, unless you want to explore the national park area at a very slow pace.

As for Kyushu, Yakushima is too time consuming. I don't recommend it. Instead, I recommend the Yufuin-Kurokawa-Aso route or Kirishima, although Kirishima is farther away.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thank you for your answer 2009/6/7 13:04
Hi,

thank you for your thoughts. I wanted to do 3 days in Hiroshima to do a daytour to Miyajima. let's say when i go for 2 days to Hiroshima, 1 day in town, 1 day Miyajima and 2 days to Nikko. What do you advise for the remaining 5 days (when i won't do Yakushima Island. Is it worthwhile to go up North to Aomori instead. Or do you think that the travel distance is too far after Kyoto.
by stefanrietdijk rate this post as useful

... 2009/6/7 13:20
I recommend to pick places which interest you and which are not too far from the other places you are visiting:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e623a.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread