community-forum community-penpal community-userReports destinations-admission destinations-beenThere-solid destinations-bookmark-solid destinations-city_outline destinations-city_solid destinations-closedDays destinations-date destinations-getThere destinations-hotels destinations-hoursFees destinations-itineraries-3 destinations-nearbySpots destinations-pin-simple-outline destinations-pin-simple destinations-sortBy-dots destinations-tours destinations-town interests-agriculture interests-amusementParks interests-beaches interests-castles interests-city_solid interests-contemporaryArt interests-events interests-festivals interests-flowers interests-foodDrink interests-gardens interests-hiking interests-historicSites interests-industry interests-koyo-single interests-koyo interests-mangaAnime interests-museums interests-nature interests-onsen interests-parks interests-pottery interests-sakura-single interests-sakura interests-scenicRides interests-shopping interests-shrines interests-skiing interests-snow interests-sumo interests-temples interests-traditionalArts interests-traditionalTheater interests-viewpoints interests-volcanoes interests-wildlife interests-winterIlluminations news-section planning-tickets-2 planning-transportation-access planning-transportation-bicycle planning-transportation-boat planning-transportation-bus planning-transportation-car planning-transportation-plane planning-transportation-shinkansen planning-transportation-tickets planning-transportation-train planning-transportation-walk shapes-chevron-down shapes-circle shapes-star social-fb social-gplus social-instagram social-twitter social-youtube ui-alert-construction ui-alert-warning ui-calendar ui-confirmed-outline ui-confirmed-solid ui-date ui-globe ui-lightbulb ui-no_entry ui-ok ui-pencil ui-reverse ui-search ui-time ui-video-play ui-x user-avatar

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

scooter driving licence 2009/6/7 11:13
I have an international driving licence issued form Egypt for private cars(B) can I drive scooter 50cc in japan with my licence?
I alse asked about feul consumption of scooter 50cc. how much km per liter?
and if I live 30 km far from my work is it good to use scooter 50cc or it will be not confortable?
by mamdouh (guest)  

IDP has to be stamped "A" 2009/6/11 03:53
An IDP stamped "B" for passenger cars doesn't allow you to ride a 50cc scooter even though a Japanese license for a car will allow you to. You must have the IDP stamped "A" to go 2-wheel.

If you're working in Japan, you might want to get a Japanese license which will bring you into their insurance coverage. An IDP doesn't give you any insurance.

You must always carry your home country's license with an IDP and show both if a "shirobaiku" asks you for your "menkyo."

The IDP is only good for a year maximum for anyone living in Japan and must be converted to a Japanese license if staying longer than a year.

30km on a 50cc and your hands will be numb from the high frequency vibration. Mileage varies by scooter or cycle because of tire sizes and weight differences. I don't remember mileage as I last borrowed a 50cc in '05. They go a long way on a tankful, though. It's also cold in the winter, unless you're in Okinawa.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread