Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mistake or perfect sense? 2009/6/12 02:38
I did a speech for Japanese class and one of my friends helped me write the speech by correcting some of my Japanese and improving it. She put this line in
"はじめてタコすしを食べました。ぼくはじめて食べました。" The first sentence seems fine but I'm unsure about the second one. Is there any reason that sentence should be there? It sounds like I'm saying that I ate myself for the first time.
by magpie1862 (guest)  

,,, 2009/6/12 07:07
"はじめてタコすしを食べました。ぼくはじめて食べました"

I suppose you don't need the second sentence at all - because in the first sentence you already said that it was your first time eating the "tako sushi."

I think your friend *might* have been meaning to help you to write something like:
きのうタコすしを食べました。ぼくははじめて食べました。(Yesterday I had some tako sushi. I ate it for the first time.)

...meaning, the first one saying you ate it, and the second sentence saying it was your first time, or something like that.
by AK rate this post as useful

Thanks 2009/6/12 13:42
I omitted it from my speech as I wasn't sure it was correct. Now I know it would have been unnecessary to include it.
by magpie1862 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread