Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Restaurant Suggestion for Tokyo 2009/6/12 06:50
I will be heading to Tokyo soon, and will be taking out a group of around 6 business clients. I am looking for a restaurant that has a nice atmosphere, classy decor, good japanese food, (and heres the tough part) for around $50-75 per person, not including drinks.

If anyone can recommend somewhere in central Tokyo, that will both impress my clients and note break bank, I'd really appreciate it! This is not supposed to be a formal dinner, just a nice evening with out with clients, but I would still like to impress them, and not lose face by taking them somewhere too casual and cheap.

Thanks so much in advance for your suggestions.
by Simhai (guest)  

. 2009/6/12 10:43
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/6/12 18:09
For Daimasu, if you want to look at what the restaurant looks like, here's their website; if you move around, you should be able to see some photos of the seating.
http://www.ginzadaimasu.co.jp/
Last order is at 8:30pm, but they are open till 9:30 pm.
The dinner course starts from 5,775 yen per person inclusive of taxes and service charges, 8,085 yen with all-you-can-drink included.
The next up is 8,085 yen per person inclusive of taxes and service charge, 10,395 yen with all-you-can-drink included.
For clients, maybe I would avoid the lowest-priced one :)

http://www.oshima-site.com/tenpo/ginza.html
For Ginza Oshima, the middle price for dinner course is 8,400 exclusing 10% service charges. Oshima's other locations seem to be priced far higher, so among their branches this one in Ginza (amazingly) counts as a more public-friendly one, I'd say.

I don't have specific recommendations, but maybe you could ask your hotel concierge for recommendations; at times hotels can provide better suggestions for their business clients. At times (I don't know if your clients are Japanese?) Japanese restaurants in good international hotels come in handy, as the service staff are used to answering questions about the food in English and accommodating specific requests.
by AK rate this post as useful

is daimasu a chain?? 2009/6/13 20:42
Does Daimasu have restaurants in other places? We we taken to a Daimasu in Umeda (Osaka), tucked away down a little side street: it was fantastic: highly recommend it
by fmj rate this post as useful

... 2009/6/14 14:18
To fjm,

"Daimasu" in Osaka is written 大枡, while the one in Ginza is definitely "Ginza" Daimasu, written 大増, so they are not related at all.

Whoops! 2009/6/14 14:18
Sorry, I meant to say "To fmj"

.. 2009/6/15 06:41
Thanks AK: just wondering!!!
by fmj rate this post as useful

reply to this thread