Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

yokosuka directions 2009/6/12 14:45
i need to know how to get to yokosuka from sagamihara or camp zama. im wanting to go to the paws yokosuka adoption shelter. are there any pet adoption centers closer than that?
by tricia wittsell (guest)  

RE: Pet adoption: Consult Prefecture ? 2009/6/14 09:14
It's my first time to hear of the Yokosuka shelter, so I searched Web. Probably that is 横須賀市動物愛護センター (literally, Yokosuka Municipal animal protection center). But.... You don't seem to be a citizen or a resident of Yokosuka City. In that case, even if you contact the center, you may be advised to consult another.
Sagamihara City seems to be entrusting pet adoption procedures to vets of animal hospitals and to 神奈川県動物保護センター (literally, Kanagawa Prefectural animal preservation center).
I think also private, voluntary or other kinds of organizations are handling this issue, but I'm not sure whether it's OK to contact them in English.

Kanagawa Prefecture has a list of prefectural and municipal counseling services for foreign residents. How about calling the number on its top and consulting them on this matter? Maybe they communicate it to the Prefectural animal preservation center.
http://www.pref.kanagawa.jp/osirase/kokusai/tagengo/eng...

State precisely:
- what you hope to do (whether to have or pass a pet)
- how to contact you
- your age (whether you have reached 20 or not yet)
- your legal status (a citizen / a registered alien (foreign person) / a Temporary Visitor / belonging or living in the camp) with the place name
- (if you hope to pass your pet) where you have found and been keeping the pet

//
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread