Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Moving out with a bike 2009/6/12 14:55
Hello
I currently have the normal japanese bicycle which is very helpful for market, going to postal office, etc.
But i am going to move in 2 weeks, so i was wondering what's the best way to do this. I am moving from the North part Tokyo to southern, about 45 minutes in train, about 30 minutes in car.
Now, i don't have a car or anyone who could help me out moving the bike. I have traced a route with google maps to move it but it takes the highway or something so i am not pretty sure if a bike like that can be used (if is legal) or should i keep it in the streets?

I have no experience disassembling the bike or the tools for it and not even the space to work on it. Tried to sell it to the people living with me but nobody wants it unless is like 3000 yens (cost me 8000 yens) and i don't want to burn the money like that as i have like 3 months with the bike.

Any tips?
by Kamuz (guest)  

Ride it 2009/6/12 16:14
Find a route that you can take the bike on (i.e. normal streets) and ride it. Take a day to do it (it shouldn't take that long) and pretty much follow the train tracks if you can.
I did it a couple of years ago just by following the tracks from a place that took 25 minutes to home by train, which took me about an hour and a half.
by Smoke (guest) rate this post as useful

right 2009/6/12 16:16
you are right. the problem i have is that the route (fastest) is using the subway, trying to figure out a route which can be done using the JR tracks as reference but without taking too long.

It will probably take 3-4 hours *sigh* but it will be good for my body and will see a lot of places :)

Thanks!
by KamuZ (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread