Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Wedding invitations from Canada to Japan 2009/6/16 13:09
Canada
Hello,

I have invited a close friend and her husband (whom I've never met) from Japan to my wedding in Canada. I am only now sending the formal invitations.

My friend will definitely be attending, however, her husband cannot. (She confirmed this over the phone)

Should I still address the invitation to both of them?

My intuition says I should, but I want to make sure they don't see it as additional pressure or anything...

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!
by Setsuna (guest)  

. 2009/6/16 21:44
Yes, that would be polite.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks . ! 2009/6/17 12:26
by setsuna (guest) rate this post as useful

One more question: 2009/6/24 00:38
The invitations will be in English and I was wondering how if I should use the North American name order (Given Name, Family Name) or the Japanese order (Family Name, Given Name) when addressing my Japanese friends?

. 2009/6/24 00:43
Japanese way.

Ok, but... 2009/6/24 04:48
...it's ok if I write their names in Romanji?

. 2009/6/24 05:51
yes.

Name order 2009/6/24 10:22
Setsuna,

If addressing guests in English/romaji, you should use the English name order. Only use the Japanese name order if you are writing their names in Japanese.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks Dave 2009/6/24 13:19
My printer is having difficulty printing out special characters, so they will have to be in English...

reply to this thread