Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo to Aomori? 2009/6/17 23:54
Am going to be going to Aomori in a few weeks from Tokyo. I was looking at Shinkansen though, and it's $$! Is there anyway to get there (in a reasonable amount of time) by bus/some combination of trains, or on a rail pass of some sort? Thanks!
by alex (guest)  

... 2009/6/18 09:01
The regular one way fare on an overnight bus is 10,000 yen. But these days, there are many discount offers on buses. I can find a lot of websites advertising one way fares of around 4500 yen. However, these are all in Japanese.
by Uji rate this post as useful

aomori/tky 2009/6/18 12:14
japanese is fine. i just couldn't figure out where to look.
by alex (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/6/18 15:32
Enter 青森 東京 バス into Google and you will get lots of discount bus services:
http://www.google.com/
by Uji rate this post as useful

train + hotel packs can be cheaper 2009/6/20 04:03
There are often great offers for trips from Tokyo to northern Tohoku (including Aomori) from JR: you have to buy a pack including the train journey (shinkansen) and a hotel night, but often, such package is cheaper than the train alone. Plus, you don't even need to stay at the hotel you selected, and can delay your return. For example, even by taking a 1-night package, you are allowed to reserve the return journey for any day you wish. The problem with such package is that you can NOT change the dates and trains once you bought it...
There are some price examples here : http://www.secret-japan.com/forum/shinkansen-comment-pa... (in French, but you can see that you could get a return ticket to Aomori for 25000 yen)...
by aomori (guest) rate this post as useful

123bus 2009/6/20 11:05
123bus offers a tokyo to aomori trip for around 5,000yen.

i think they may have changed their name to the willer bus group now, but it's the same company basically.

it's not really comfortable but it's cheap. book a few days in advance and you might get a few hundred yen discount.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread