Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Living where when get WH Visa? 2009/6/18 13:13
Well my question is.. well in order to apply for an apartment or accommodation you need a VALID VISA. While to apply for a working holiday visa you have to fill in the declaration of intent, meaning contact details of where you gonna stay for 1st month. The thing is i dont know any body in Japan, any help me out?
by xFRU1T (guest)  

anywhere is ok 2009/6/18 18:32
Pick any hostel or gaijin house (guest house from the Lonely Planet for example. and give those contact details. Immigration is not going to check once you arrive in Japan to see if you are actually staying there.

Where are you thinking of staying?
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

WHV 2009/6/18 22:26
Accommodation doesnt require a valid visa anymore than it does in any other country.
An apartment of course does but remember on a WHV you are working and travelling :)
If you intend to extend your WHV then don't settle into an apartment.
Like Sira suggests take a look at hostels or gaijin houses.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/6/18 23:06
Yes, obviously you don't need a long-term visa to stay in a tourist hotel! The WHV people just want to see that you have some kind of plan- you are not expected to stick to it.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank you 2009/6/19 00:36
Yeh thanks for you help, yeh i probably want to go to Chiba
by xFRU1T (guest) rate this post as useful

Quick question.. 2009/6/19 01:01
Also the list of requirements states you need a "letter from contact in Japan". If i stated that i was living in XXX hostel or something wotever, would that mean i'd have to get a letter from the hostel? As the requirement states "This should detail that the contact knows the applicant and can be a point of contact where necessary. Faxed or E-mail is acceptable". I dunno ima just a bit confused and dont want any problems in my application.. Thanks p
by xFRU1T (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread