Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt Fuji Climb - conditioning 2009/6/23 09:01
Hi.
I'm planning a Mt Fuji hike soon and am wondering how physically challenging is it?
How much pre-training should one do?
I'm trying to get some jogging in but don't know what my end goal should be ... 60 minute jog? 90 minutes?

Appreciate any information you may have.
Thank you
by guest01 (guest)  

fuji training 2009/7/1 12:58
the climb is 5-6 hours so a 90 min jog will definitely help but most important is just to climb other mountains before climbing fuji, get used to the terrain, the uphill climb and u will be fine. if this is your first mountain, u are aiming high. hope it helps
by hunt (guest) rate this post as useful

ganbatte! 2009/7/1 14:32
That kind of training should be plenty. Endurance is really the key. I't s not particularly a difficult climb, but it is a LONG climb, and feels like climbing stairs all day long. I did it with a hangover , took me 7 hours to get to the top. I'm sure you'll make it. :)
by osakedake (guest) rate this post as useful

follow-up 2009/8/10 07:36
We did the hike. In case anyone is interested, it's a pretty strenuous trek from the Gotemba trail. It's like walking up stairs continuously so I would recommend training as such. The longer stair climb you can handle the better.
Also, since the trek back down can be tiring, would recommend including going down stairs in the training as much as the climbing of stairs.

As mentioned above, 90 minute routines would be ideal.

It's a great experience and I would recommend anyone try it at least once.
Thank you.
by guest1 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread