Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel period during New year 2009/6/23 18:39
Hi, i am planning a travel period between 24 Dec to 3 Jan

as Christmas Day is not a public holiday in Japan.
I presume all shops/shopping mall will be opened

Im more concern about the 1 Jan period, as i read on internet it is a big occasion in Japan and is celebrate for one 1 week.

Can anyone advise if shops, shopping mall will be open during from 31 Dec to 3Jan?

if not,then i need to repplan my schedule
by cpman79  

shopping definitely avaliable on 2jan 2009/8/18 16:31
hey.. usually major sales starts on 2nd jan.. at all big malls.. some place open on 1st jan but i am also trying to search for wat shops open on 1jan other than bic camera.. if cinemas are open on 1jan? i am also lost..first time being in japan on the 1jan without going to my host family's place. where should i go? outlet malls are open i hope...
by j (guest) rate this post as useful

January 2009/8/18 16:38
Shops, cinemas, pretty much everything is closed on Jan the 1st. Major department stores and malls in big cities tend to open again on the 2nd- be prepared for crowds! As for what to do on the 1st, how about perhaps....not shopping for a day and going to a shrine instead like the Japanese people do? Do you think that's possible?
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Shopping is a must for me too! 2009/8/21 12:47
Hey, I am also planning to go around that time from end dec till begining of Jan. Managed to find out that shops will opened from 2nd onwards but will be very crowded. Have you booked your flight and hotels?
by Strawberry77 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread