Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Establish company in japan 2009/6/25 03:15
We are in the process of registering a company limited in Japan, when comes to the final stage of company registration, we were told to show the capital in Japanese bank account. We want to transfer the money to Japan but we do not have bank account in Japan. We cannot even open the account since we are the foreigners. Can anybody give us some suggestions?Thanks
by Bryan (guest)  

... 2009/6/25 06:46
We cannot even open the account since we are the foreigners.

That is not true. Any foreigner can open a bank account in Japan! The only document required is an alien registration card, which even tourists can get at the local city hall. Some banks might also require a stamp (inkan).
by Uji rate this post as useful

Bank 2009/6/25 13:41
Hi Bryan,

Yes as Uji mentions you can open a bank account. I had to do the same thing when starting my business and I produced my alien registration card and inkan.
The whole process is very easy and you will find that many banks offer the process in English if language is a problem for you.
by Kevin (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/6/25 13:52
Tourists can get an ARC but they cannot open bank accounts. At least not at my bank (Shinsei).

And it sounds like Bryan lives outside of Japan if he doesn't even have a bank account.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

From my experience 2009/6/25 14:25
I believe he probably is located in Japan currently.
When submitting my registration I had to also present my seal - at the start of the process.
To register your seal you have to do it in person & pay the fee etc..
Not having a bank account while being in Japan trying to start a business though does sound a bit strange though :)
by Kevin (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread