Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

US Navy guy + EU gal 2009/6/30 15:13
i,m european girl, my fiance is a us navy guy stationed in japan. he will stay here till march 2010. we wantto get married and and we will do it probably in europe, because i cannot enter japan as a tourist anymore coz i`ve been twice this year and i think this is limit. my question is, as we got married can i live with him in japan? and what after his contract will finish? he gonna go to states, so where should i apply for us visa? japan? or my own country? or maybe the regulations are different for spouse of us navy person.
thanks in advance for any information.
by Evelynn (guest)  

Yes 2009/6/30 16:23
If you get married you will be able to live with him on base (or wherever hes living)

He needs to go to his chain of command and get all these questions answered because there is a lot of paperwork involved with getting you US Citizenship.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/6/30 16:47
I don't think she said anything about US citizenship.
by the other . (guest) rate this post as useful

thanx 2009/6/30 17:09
well, i was thinking about marriage visa. in normal routine, being european to obtain marriage visa takes from 1yr to 2 yrs sometimes, this bother me most. such a long time! obvously i wont to be together with my husband and travel with him according to his orders, instead of sitting at own country and waiting for visa. or maybe the procedures are different when the spouse is in US navy? does anyone know?
by Evelynn (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/6/30 17:11
*want, not wont. sorry
by Evelynn (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/6/30 17:57
You'll need a visa like any other spouse if you'll be moving to the states.

Outside of the states, you need to get SOFA instead of a visa (after you're married). Tell your fiance to get info from his folks on base.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/6/30 23:05
If you get married then you need to talk to your boyfriend/fiance/husband to talk to his command about getting you somesort of status to come to Japan. This has to do more with US military regulations and SOFA then it does with actual Japanese visas. His base should have all the information he needs in order to get you to where he is.
by Express Train. (guest) rate this post as useful

answer 2009/8/4 22:14
Unfortuantely, bc ure not yet married, you will not get command sposorship since it seems he has less than a year remaining with his current command. Only one other way is for him to move off base and allow you to live there with him after you are married. Keep in mind though that non-command sponsored dependents do not get any entitlements, however i am currenly is the same situationa dn looking to get my wife SOFA Status. Hope this gives some insight to your question
by brian (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread