Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

non-native speakers ALT 2009/6/30 21:31
I have read on some of the previous posts that there are companies that actually hire non-native english speakers. Which companies in particular? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
by 1freshprince  

. 2009/7/1 11:52
Just depends on your qualifications as a non-native speaker. For example, I know a non-native speaker, however she went to study at a University in New York City, received a degree in Teaching English as a Second Language, worked in a public school teaching English (in the USA) before coming to Japan. So she's been studying English since Jr High school, I could never tell that she isn't a native speaker.

Usually corporate english language companies will hire as the image of the teacher is not as so important as what you see at Eikawas or regular English language schools, but YMMV.
by Express Train (guest) rate this post as useful

Not much chances... 2009/7/1 11:52
Because of the current economic turmoil there are not much options which are available for a non-native English person. I know some non-natives with TOEFL ibt score 115 points, who did not manage to get anything in 5 month... You`d better consider opportunities in other fields!
by VI (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread