Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

handlugge and PS2 2009/7/6 15:47
September is my time to come to Japan. I would like to bring my Laptop, Playstation2 and some computer parts(such as graphic card ect. My question is...can I have all this in my handlugge in plane. Also will my European PS2 work in Japan, Japanese TV system?
by nfs  

OK in hand luggage 2009/7/6 20:14
Those things will be ok in your hand luggage, as long as whatever bag you have isn't oversized. In fact, I would ONLY put them in my hand luggage for security and to try to avoid damage to the items.

Sorry, can't help with whether the PS will work in Japan though - someone else will I guess.
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

PS2 2009/7/6 21:13
You will need the appropriate power adapter for the ps2, and Japanese games will not work on your European ps2. Other then that your fine, correct me if I'm wrong.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Too bad! 2009/7/7 01:13
You are living in Porland.
Porland's TV system is PAL or SECAM,and outlet's Voltage is 220V.
Japan is NTSC,100V.

So,I think that you can't play PS2 in Japan.
by shun0225 rate this post as useful

Why not buy from Japan? 2009/7/7 06:17
As for power, take a look at the back plate of your PS2's power adapter. If it accepts 100V 50/60Hz, you only need a socket adapter or a Japanese wall cord. If not, you need a Japanese power adapter. If it's the newest model with an integrated power adapter, it won't work without a step-up transformer (in other words, forget it).

The colour system is a harder problem. Poland is a PAL country and Japan uses NTSC. Only expect flat screen TVs to work (and even then, compatibility is not guaranteed).

Also, you can't play Japanese games with your console (unless it's modded).

My suggestion would be to try to find a good deal on an used PSP or DS in Japan and bring it and some Japanese games with you back to Poland. PSP and DS are the easiest to import, since they don't need a TV and don't have region locks for games.
by diipadaa (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread