Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to change Depended visa statues? 2009/7/7 00:55
A Depended visa holder cane get student visa? My sister is indian and she marry with a Indian boy, who is job visa holder as engineer and her visa is depended as his wife. She can migrate the visa statues? She can get a student visa? If yes, please tell me the whole process. Lot of thanks in advance.
by RAJDEB  

... 2009/7/7 08:53
RAJDEB,

Your sister needs to find a school/college that she wants to enrol in. She needs to apply with, get accepted by, and pay tuition to the school in order to get either pre-college or student visa. And she needs to become a full-time (I believe something like 4 hours a day, 5 days a week) to qualify.
by AK rate this post as useful

Feasible 2009/7/7 10:42
Dear Rajdeb,

The answer is yes. Your sister can change her dependent visa status on college student if she is enrolled in a full-time course at the university or language school like YMCA.. Please be aware that to be accepted as a student you will definitely need to prove that you have enough funds to sponsor yourself whilst studying (one year in university is about 50,0000-70,0000 yen), plus if she pursues a Masters or PhD, she`ll have to pass an entrance examination which is usually held once/twice per year (September or February).

Good luck!
by VI (guest) rate this post as useful

give me some school/collage location 2009/7/7 15:16
Thanks friends, for your valuable advice. If you help me, I want to know an ,another things from you my sister is a collage graduate. What r the courses r futuristic thus she gate a job near future in Japan are? She now live at utsnomiya, could u give me some add of school/collage which is near about her? …….thanks
by RAJDEB rate this post as useful

Ichinomiya? 2009/7/7 15:38
Do you mean Ichinomiya, close to Nagoya?

utsunomiya 2009/7/7 16:08
Its most likely Utsunomiya, the capital of Tochigi Prefecture.

RAJDEB,

Your sister is the one who is having marital trouble and is looking for a way to stay in Japan on her own correct?

Note that to get a student visa she will need to have enough money to pay her tuition and living expenses BEFORE getting the visa. And she most likely will not be able to work enough while a student to support herself. This is not a very practical way of staying in Japan long term as it is very expensive.

I am unclear from your post whether or not your sister has a bachelor's degree. If she does she can start looking for a job right now. Also, does your sister speak Japanese? That will be a factor in job searches.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Utsunomiya University 2009/7/7 16:17
If she is residing in Tochigi Prefecture the best option is to try Utsunomiya Universitym, check out here: http://www.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp/en/uuinfo/message.html

... 2009/7/7 20:15
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+6...
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+6...

I think those threads are talking about the same person. From what I gather, she has funds, a degree, but not much Japanese language proficiency...

RAJDEB,

If your sister has the funds and is interested in studying the Japanese language, she can find a Japanese language school, apply, get accepted, pay in tuition (she still needs to show that she has enough financial means to support herself without working), and through the school can apply for Pre-college visa status (most likely one year or two year programs at such schools, so probably she gets one year visa at a time).

The following are the four Japanese language schools that I've found off the website listing of Association for the Promotion of Japanese Language Education that are accredited to conduct courses to prepare non-Japanese students to study in the local language in the local universities in Japan.
http://www.nisshinkyo.org/MemberHome/B688-E.html
http://www.nisshinkyo.org/MemberHome/B654-E.html
http://www.nisshinkyo.org/MemberHome/B482-E.html
http://www.nisshinkyo.org/MemberHome/B459-E.html

If she has a bachelor's degree, she can start looking for a job now, on the condition that the job does not require much knowledge of Japanese language.

thanks 2009/7/8 06:45
from rajdeb
Lots of thanks friends for your valuable information. After learn all of your suggestions I think she have to learn Japanese 1st so its batter that she well looking for a language school to learn Japanese language and get more knowledge about Japanese culture. If u give me more language school link which near about Utsunomiya and capable to help to gate student visa after or before admission then it’s really works for me.
…………………………..Thanks again

... 2009/7/8 08:01
...help to gate student visa after or before admission then it’s really works for me.

I believe the schools I've listed above are the only ones in Utsunomiya city itself that are accredited to give "Precollege visa". (Not "Student" - those are for college/university students)

And they will have to admit the student, then they will help the students with the visa so that they can stay and study.

to be continue 2009/7/8 17:16
Dear ‘AK’ I like to say many thanks to you 1st.and to b continue for your kind information my sister has already 2 years of depended visa. What u say, the pre collage visa is compulsory for her? She just needs to change her visa status. So plz think about it and suggest me the posses I m already follow the school link and shoot email to everyone and also got there contact No. but I m going contact them after having all the information to get 100% assurance. I am already tell you every thing just think is ur sister also, so plz bring an dynamic suggestion for our sister……lots of thanks brothers

This is the best I can do. 2009/7/8 18:09
RAJDEB,

I don't understand your question. My understanding is that your sister wants to move AWAY from "Dependent" visa status. I am not saying that "pre-college visa" (the name is according to the Japanese government's immigration definition) is compulsory for anyone. But you say your sister "just needs to change her visa status," to WHICH status is she going to change?

If she applies for and attends a college/university, she can apply for "Student" visa. If she applies for and attends a Japanese language school, she can apply for "Pre-college" visa (someone correct me if I have the names wrong). If she finds a job in Japan on her own, she (or the employer) can apply for one of the work-permitting visa so she can stay and work in Japan for them.

Among those possibilities, I just thought that Pre-college visa might be the easiest, that's why I suggested that one.

But without a reason, such as a school, university, or a job on her own, she cannot change TO any other visa status.

thanks ak lots of thanks .. 2009/7/8 18:42
Sorry AK, actually there some misunderstanding to read by me now I got u.
So as per you telling me that she well take admission in a school 1st and after that she can change her visa as student visa right ? so the links which I got from u , many institute details r there. So if she got admission in one of them she can change her visa statues after admission ri8? Is the institute is a factor to get the visa I mean to say is the factor of institute standard to apply visa is it depended on institute..?

reply to this thread