Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tohoku Matsuri 2009/7/7 11:41
I planned to Tohoku for their Matsuri. From their website, there are tickets for the audience, however, I can't buy it out of Japan. I'd like to ask:

1. Any access to buy the ticket out of Japan?

2. Do they allow audience just standing by the road side to see the Matsuri?
by Chan P (guest)  

matsuri 2009/7/7 12:36
Tohoku is a large region of Japan with quite a few famous matsuri. Which one are your planning on visiting, and what is the website that you are looking at?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Tohoku Matsuri 2009/7/7 20:16
I planned to Aomori for the Nebuta on 3/8 and the Kanto Matsuri in Akita on 4/8. I've serached their schedule in their official site. Nebuta's tickets were available from 4/7, Kanto's tickets were availble since June. Audience with tickets can have seat in asigned area. I just wonder if I don't have ticket, do they allow audience to stand by roadside?
by ChanP (guest) rate this post as useful

seating at matsuri 2009/7/8 00:03
I can't answer for the Kanto matsuri but I have been to Nebuta...ticketed seating is on flat platforms along the street, not bleachers as I imagined, but anyway there are plenty of people who are sitting or standing on the streets. The floats are so huge, it's not hard to see...though if you are back from the street you might not get a good look at the dancers or get them to throw bells to you. My recollection (through a haze of beer, sorry) was that it was not as crowded as I anticipated.
by Spendthrift (guest) rate this post as useful

Don't Need to Pay for Nebuta 2009/7/8 06:18
I have not been to the Kanto Matsuri, but I have been to the Nebuta Matsuri. We saved a place sitting on the street corner about 3 hours before the parade, and had a wonderful view. The only advantage for buying tickets is to have a chair in a reserved section, and some might provide a meal. Bring a mat, blanket or camping chair to sit on and some drinks and food. Have fun!
by Kyle (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread