Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

A Visa Question 2009/7/9 10:26
I have already sent everything over to Japan to get my Certificate of Eligibility, and it should be 4 weeks this Friday or Monday (depending on when my school sent it in). My question actually is, how long will it take to get my Working Visa from the Embassy once I get my certificate and get it along with everything else to the Embassy?

My start date is supposed to be August 1st, but my company took forever in deciding who to hire, so now I'm crunched on time and am trying to figure out if I stand any chance at all of starting on time.

Thank you in advance!
by Zash  

Embassy 2009/7/9 11:54
Hi Zash,

Did the Embassy give you an estimate time?
Australian Embassy's generally advise 4 weeks and are normally quite accurate. There are documented cases around where it has taken a lot longer, as well as a lot less.
by Kevin (guest) rate this post as useful

To answer the last answer 2009/7/9 12:58
All I know is it tends to take 4-6 weeks to get my certificate of eligibility. Then I have to get that from my school and send it to the Japanese Embassy here in the states. The second is what I'm looking for, and I haven't been able to find anything on it! I hope getting the actual visa doesn't take 4 weeks. I'll be gettting there when my first pay is supposed to be coming in. XD Thanks!
by Zash rate this post as useful

same boat 2009/7/13 12:55
I am also still waiting for my CoE. It will be 5 weeks this friday, but I am not supposed to be there until mid august. I actually heard it takes 6-8 weeks to get a CoE...
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread