Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Narita Procedures 2009/7/9 14:41
I'll be heading home (Vancouver) from Singapore by myself in August. I have never been on an airplane and i'll be stopping in Narita, Japan Airlines for about 2 hours before i take another flight back home. Just confused and scared about the procedure that might happen? Do i have to go through customs to get my luggage and find my terminal? How long will i take? I'm really hoping i won't miss my airplane home..

Sorry if this is a dumb question, i just don't want to be a "surprise" if anything were to happened while i'm there.
by confusedgirl (guest)  

transit 2009/7/9 15:32
You do not need to got through customs or immigration or pick up your luggage- it will be transferred by the airline to your connecting flight.

All you need to do on arrival is find out which gate your connecting flight will be departing from- that information should be available on screens in the departure lounge or from ground staff, and the gate shouldn't be too far away.

Don't whatever you do go through passport control/Immigration- there is no need. If you are unsure you can ask the flight attendants on the plane.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Don't worry 2009/7/10 00:09
It's surprisingly easy. Narita has excellent multilingual signage. When you get off the plane, just follow the signs for international connecting flights. There will be a counter for connecting flights if you need assistance. You'll go through another security check, and then you can proceed to your gate. If you need to change terminals, there will be a shuttle bus. You can find more details on the process at Narita Airport's website.
by SilverShrimp0 rate this post as useful

Narita Airport Webpage 2009/7/10 04:40
Here is the website mentioned in the previous post:

http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/

We might be able to help you a bit more if you could tell us on which airline you are arriving and which is your departing airline.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread