Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Accomodation on the fly 2009/7/9 17:17
Me and a couple of friends of mine were contemplating making a trip from Kagoshima to Wakkanai by way of the Seishun 18 Kippu. My main concern is accomodation, during the course of this trip. We would like to keep from tying ourselves down as much as possible, and as such we would rather refrain from booking accomodation for the entire trip ahead of time. (We're counting on about 10-15 stops along the way.) We'd be staying mainly in hostels, and right now we've planned on going in or around August.

Is it possible to book accomodations for our next stop when we leave our current one. Are hostel personnel glad to help you book your next stop?

Also for larger cities are there reservation desks in trains stations that can help you book accomodations?

I'll gladly take other tips from people who have similar experiances of traveling on the go.

Thanks,
by kurisu81  

... 2009/7/11 21:43
August is a busy travel season. There is a chance that you will not find rooms in your price range without advance reservations in some popular tourist destinations.

But more often than not you should probably be able to find a room by bringing good listings of budget hostels (Lonely Planet, Hostelworld website) and phone ahead a day or two.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread