Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shikoku or Miyajima? 2009/7/10 16:56
Hello,
I'm going to Japan for the first time in Nov and trying to plan my 14 day itinerary. At the moment it's Tokyo - Takayama - Kyoto - and then I can't decide between Shikoku (Matsuyama area) or Miyajima for one night.
In your opinion, which one is more worth while?
Thank you!
by Selma (guest)  

Miyajima 2009/7/10 20:03
If you have just 1 spare night. Spend it in Miyajima rather than go all the way to Shikoku. Nov., esp. the latter half is autumn foliage season. Momijidani Park in Miyajima is beautiful during that time of the year.
by William5 rate this post as useful

. 2009/7/10 21:21
Miyajima is probably the pick of them but you can ferry Matsuyama (Shikoku)-Hiroshima-Miyajima pretty quickly so you could do both!
by Connie Chiwa (guest) rate this post as useful

both are great. 2009/7/13 13:41
i've been both to matsuyama and miyajima.
miyajima is easily accessible (passing through hiroshima). if you like seeing wild but tame deers, torii gate, water , oysters. miyajima is hands down great.

matsuyama is really known for its dogo onsen which is the best onsen in japan. the water is really curative and effective. it got rid of all my aches. magical waters!!

you pick. do both bec. both are really special in their own way.
by been there (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread