Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Wii games 2009/7/11 06:55
My well meaning homestay mother from many years ago has bought my son a Japanese Wii game that hasnt been released herein Oz yet. I have tried putting it in to our Wii here but it says cant read the disc. Is there anything I can do to fix this or the Japanese-Australian Wiis just not compatable? (Im only asking this as my 10year old is devastated that it wont work!)
by Deaks  

.... 2009/7/12 10:53
Deaks,
I assume you put Japanese software into OZ-version Wii. Then, as you said, it may not work because of the difference of video system.

Nintendo's webpage (sorry, in Japanese) says "if you put Japanese software into overseas Wii, it may not work at all or work properly."
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/q_and_a/061.html
by Ogojo (guest) rate this post as useful

region 2009/7/13 11:36
I assume you put Japanese software into OZ-version Wii. Then, as you said, it may not work because of the difference of video system.

The problem is not that the video systems are different (PAL vs NTSC), rather the wii is region coded so Japanese games cannot play in an Austalian Wii.

The only workarounds involve hacking the wii which requires some general electronics skills and will likely void your warranty.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

it's not so hard 2009/7/21 21:14
Actually there's now a softmod (hack that doesn't require nearly as many skills) for the wii, just google it. It will, however, void your warranty. Also, unless you know japanese, I find it not worth to play games in a language I don't understand.
by Myrion (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread