Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Required degree to work in Japan 2009/7/14 00:08
I'm going on my fourth year of college and will be graduating somewhat soon....I've read that a 4-year college degree is needed for getting any type of work in Japan, but does it have to be a specific degree? Mine is music performance, a slightly useless degree if you want to work, well, anywhere. (I did teach at a junior high in Chiba over the summer, but that's nowhere near permanent.) Thoughts?
by livesinmusic (guest)  

No problems! 2009/7/14 11:02
As long as your degree and your future position making a match I do not foresee any troubles with getting a working visa.
by xxx (guest) rate this post as useful

Degree requirement 2009/7/14 11:04
Livesinmusic,

The basic requirement for a working visa is a bachelor's degree in any subject. It doesn't have to be a 4-year degree either.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

Anything is fine 2009/7/14 11:11
Any degree - they are looking for tertiary educated people, which implies they should at least be a bit more responsible, intelligent, and organised (not always true I know). If you had a teaching degree you'd have it made. But, you have experience, you are university educated... that's all most places are looking for I feel.
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread