Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to change status of visa in Japan? 2009/7/14 20:53
My mom is already in japan she has a visa but not a visa given to the nikeijin. Now she wants to apply for a change of her visa status there, is it possible that she can process her papers during her stay in japan?
by prettyrea  

. 2009/7/15 11:46
Yes, she can change her status in Japan. She just needs to go to the immigration office with all the documents and apply.

What documents? Call the immigration office.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Documents 2009/7/15 17:16
Thank you for the quick response. My mom is a third generation and this is the first time she's going to process this paper. The documents she's holding now are the marriage contract and negative of death of her grandparents. Her mom's birth and cert. of no marriage(CENOMAR). Her birth and marriage contract, NBI, Police Clearance and pictures, ID's to proof the connection. All translated in japanese and authenticated by the Dept of Foreign Affairs of our country(philippines). We do not have yet the kosekitouhon but she's working on it. She had a bit problem on getting the koseki because the cityhall was asking for the EXACT domicile address of the japanese. The Foundation who located the Koseki of our grandfather is refusing us to get the exact address, they only gave us the name birthdate parents name, and his death. The domicile address only stated FUKUI,JAPAN that's it! They are also telling us that my mom cannot process those papers in Japan and that she needs to come home to process it here in our country the fact that she's already there. Pls help us to know more information on processing our papers, i would appreciate all your response. One more thing does the immigration in japan understand english, because my mom is worrying that it might be hard for her to communicate because she doesnt know how to speak japanese.
by prettyrea rate this post as useful

. 2009/7/16 09:21
They are also telling us that my mom cannot process those papers in Japan and that she needs to come home to process it here in our country the fact that she's already there.

Who is telling you this? You need to ask the immigration office. They usually have someone that can speak some English but it would be better to have someone who speaks Japanese call for her.

This website shows how to change visa status from within Japan.

http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/tetuduki/kanri/shyoru...
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

hello! 2009/7/16 19:52
Thank you so much for giving me the website. It did help us a lot now we can make a one step forward.
by rea (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread