Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

can i be mangaka?, im other country 2009/7/19 04:53
i am from mexico, but i want to go and live in japan to publish my manga...is there a problem there? and what do i have to do?.
by markypin  

Mangaka 2009/7/19 11:32
Markypin,

Obvously it will be much harder in a country in which you don't speak the language or understand business customs, but it's not impossible. Maybe you should set a more realistic initial goal and try selling your work at a doujinshi fair in Japan first. Presumably you already have samples or a portfolio on the web for viewing?
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

i know.. 2009/8/5 10:31
i do speak japanese and i know it's tough, but isn,t cool to work on something you like, i did the question, becouse as a mexican guy, i donLt like the get all judgemental and stuff
by markypin rate this post as useful

I think you have several options: 2009/8/10 17:53
You have several options:

1. Become an English or Spanish language mangaka/manga influenced writer, like the author of Bizenghast. There are many other such manga, which you can find a list of on wiki.

2. Enter the international manga contest for NON-Japanese citizens. I forgot what this is called and I can't find the info on google, but I remember reading about it: one of the last people to win was from Malaysia.

3. Send your art in to a Japanese company. Someone on livejournal (user hinoai) did this. She's American and didn't even speak much Japanese, but now she's drawing manga.
by maneki_neko/MN (guest) rate this post as useful

internacional manga contest 2009/8/10 18:18
I hope this would help you.

http://e-morning.jp/mimc/

by coffee (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread