Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

visa 2009/7/22 18:20
had applied my permanent visa before 11 months no results yet and applied for my current working visa which was finished on 21 july not results for working visa too what is the reason behind it?asked in immigration just dont give any answer now worried about my visa is it the eymptom of rejecting my applied pr visa and working visa why immigation is not giving me any result by asking also?
by soran (guest)  

... 2009/7/22 18:53
It is not unusual for a permanent residence application to take more than 11 months.

As for the work visa, in your position you should not be applying for a work visa but either for an extension of your current visa or a change of status. These things can also take several weeks. For what and when did you apply?

If your former visa expired yesterday, you might be an illegal resident by now. In that case, you better visit the immigration office with an apologetic attitude and a person with good Japanese language skills as soon as possible.
by Uji rate this post as useful

visa 2009/7/22 19:03
applied for extension of current visa before 4 weeks and reults was not given till yesterday this means in this case also i m illegal but in my passport applied for extension of visa stamp is there result only not given by immigration now immigration want give me extension permit
by soran (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/7/22 19:14
and reults was not given till yesterday

And what is the result? Was the extension request denied? If yes, I think you may have a "grace period" to leave Japan. I really recommend to go to the immigration office for more details. If you do not speak Japanese well yourself, try to go together with a person who speaks good Japanese.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Application stamp 2009/7/22 19:48
If you are on a valid status and apply for an extension, it doesn't matter if your original period of stay expires while you are waiting to hear from Immigration, as long as you have an "Application" stamp in your passport. I once applied for an extension with only 3 days remaining on my visa, was given my extension 3 weeks later and it was not an issue.

Once Immigration have got back to you with a refusal it would be a different situation, but as above they usually give a grace period.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread