Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

travel advice - current situation 2009/7/25 10:55
hi, i wonder if someone can help. i'm travelling in japan right now and have just taken over 16 hours to get from hiroshima to nagasaki. the train to hakata was very slow and paused due to rain, while at first the nagasaki train was cancelled, then back on, but took 8 hrs then stopped and we had to get buses, again due to rain.

our plan is to travel from nagasaki to hakata then on to kagoshima tomorrow and then on to miyazaki the next day.

can someone have a look at the real time status on the JR web site, assuming this, or something similar exists? i certainly can't find anything like live information in english.

Any advice would be very welcome!

Thanks.
by robert (guest)  

... 2009/7/26 13:38
Western Japan saw some very bad weather over the past week with lots of rain and resulting land slides. Several people dies, and transportation was obviously affected.

However, the weather forecast remains bad, but there are currently no weather warnings. The following website has both the newest forecasts and weather warnigns:
http://www.jma.go.jp/jma/indexe.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread