Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yokohama Accommodation 2009/7/25 18:13
Hi guys,

I'll be traveling to Japan with my boyfriend from Sept 4th-9th. He will be on his business trip and the office is at Yokohama port so perhaps part of the time I gotta explore by myself. Any recommendation on the accommodations? He is thinking to stay at Pan Pacific Yokohama but maybe are there better choices from you guys? I am thinking to stay in Tokyo, but afraid might be difficult for him travel to work even though he doesn't have to work everyday. Budget is bout JPY20,000/ USD210 (max) and preferably close to any train station.

a). Any recommendation from you guys? I am dread on seeking accommodations online with all the names~ LOL.....

b). WHat's the best & cheapest way to travel to Yokohama from Narita Airport?

c). Any rough idea on how many JPY I should bring along for 6days?

SOS~~

Thanks ya!
by Calven Teng  

... 2009/7/26 15:52
Any recommendation from you guys?

The Pan Pacific and Intercontinental are my personal favorites.

WHat's the best & cheapest way to travel to Yokohama from Narita Airport?

By Narita Express, using a NEX & Suica package:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2027.html?aFROM=2027_2156

Any rough idea on how many JPY I should bring along for 6days?

Here you go:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2410.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

We were there a month ago 2009/7/27 06:00
and stayed at the Intercontinental. We became club members at check-in. We had a beautiful room with a view on the 28th floor all for around $200 us dollars a night. We took the Airport Limosine Bus from Narita which took us directly to the Intercontinental and then we used them to go back to the airport after our stay. The ride is $35 each person, each way. Well worth it. We bought the tickets for the bus at the airport counter. I booked our room online. No problems with either, I would recommend both! We spent about $2000 US dollars for 10 day stay in the Minato Mirai and Yokohama City. There is a lot of shopping and restaurants! Everything is walking distance ChinaTown, Lanmark Tower, Sogo, Museums, Shopping, Parks. Have Fun!
by Lynn (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks~ 2009/8/22 18:19
Most probably we will be staying at InterContinental. I am thinking arrange a surprise lunch or dinner cruise for him, still seeking for more information. Thinking to try hot spring as well, maybe just a day trip~

Uji- Thanks for your information!

Lynn: Glad that you enjoy the trip, I'll be there soon~ yeah~ can't wait to see my boyfriend again~
by Calven Teng rate this post as useful

Answer 2009/8/22 22:39
A:Let's talk your wallet(^。^)
I wish you can serch best hotel for you within budget.

B:I recommend to choice a bus to YOKOHAMA absolutely.
Price is 3500yen,spend 1hour half or 2 hour. why i recommend to use bus to you?
Because I live in YOKOHAMA.I use it every time.
Bus is the "Cheapest",Most number of runnning,"No transfer".

C: Yen is strong currency now.It might happen spending money than you think. Japan don't have a a much money exchange shop in town.
you let bring Yen as much as you can.
by hiogoo rate this post as useful

... 2009/8/23 03:26
I use it every time.
Bus is the "Cheapest",Most number of runnning,"No transfer".

The bus is certainly not the cheapest option. It costs more than twice than the Narita Express with the NEX&Suica package!

Airport Limo Bus? 2009/8/28 04:59
Hi...
What exaclty is the airport limo bus? where can i get tix/route info? I have been trying to find this online, but I only saw the Airport transfer service (kinda like a taxi, but not - i think) and it was definatly more than $35. JW how it works, pick up/drop off, etc. Thanks!
by Just Z (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/8/28 07:17

. 2009/9/3 12:36
I thought I posted an answer, but now I realize it's not here.

I was thinking you might like Navios or Washinton for accomodation. They start from around 8400 yen per night.
http://www.navios-yokohama.com/
http://www.wh-rsv.com/wh/hotels/y_sakuragi/

But now that you're almost here, you may have decided your hotel already. Either way, Pan Pacific is the only hotel in the area that allows you to step outside on your room balcony.

Just keep in mind that depending on what part of the Port he is working at, the Pan Pacific area may be very far. As for transportation, the Limousine Bus takes you straight to most hotels and nearby areas while the NEX only goes up to Yokohama Station.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread