Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Wakkanai and Hokkadio 2009/7/28 09:54
Hi, I am planning to spend about 7 nights in Hokkadio. I am going there in mid-Ocotber. I will be buying the ANA flight pass.
-Fly from Haneda to Wakkanai
-Stay for 1 night
-Fly from Wakkanai to Sapporo
-Continue my trip around the area
-Last day/ night, drive to Noboribetsu from Sapporo for 1 night of onsen, then drive to back to Sapporo to catch a flight back to Tokyo (while driving, will visit Lake Toya as well).
Any comments on my plan?
Is Wakkanai worth staying a night for?
If i have to catch a flight at CTS, what time do i have to leave Noboribetsu?
Thanks!
by The Rock (guest)  

... 2009/7/28 10:57
Is Wakkanai worth staying a night for?

No, there is nothing to see aside from Cape Soya, the northernmost point of Japan (not very spectacular) and the Rishiri/Rebun islands (which require more time).

If i have to catch a flight at CTS, what time do i have to leave Noboribetsu?

If you take the expressway, it takes less than an hour to reach the airport from Noboribetsu. Add 30 minutes for process of returning the rental car and another 60 minutes buffer time before the flight. So, I recommend to leave Noboribetsu about 2.5 hours before the departure of you flight. If it is an international flight, I recommend to add an additional hour.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread