Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

driving time in google maps? 2009/7/28 20:44
Hi! I'd like to know whether google maps is a good way to estimate the required driving time in Hokkaido. I don't need to plan my route exactly, I just want to know whether I can do a trip in one day or not. Has anyone experienced it before?

For example it says that driving from Monbetsu to Cape Soya takes about 4h 45 min. So if I can make the trip in 6 hours (with some stops for photographing, etc. in between) it will be fine.

Does anyone know how accurate google maps is in terms of driving time?

Thanks a lot for your help!
by Georg (guest)  

... 2009/7/28 22:32
On the countryside, the driving times might be a little bit too long. That is because it is normal to drive 10-20 km/h above speed limits on many countryside Hokkaido roads. Speed limits are often ridiculously low.

So, effective driving time from Mombetsu to Cape Soya is likely to be less than 4 hours.

If you keep that in mind, Google Map can provide rather good driving time estimations.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2009/7/28 23:20
Again, thanks a lot Uji! That was exactly what I wanted to know :)
by Georg (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread