Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotels & Smoking - I am, she isn't 2009/7/29 16:40
I'm a dreadful nicotine addict unfortunately and we are attempting to find 10 days accommodation.

I am a smoker, she isn't, so I don't really want to get a smoking room as I do not inflict my addiction on her. However, I don't want to be stuck in a room on the 40th floor and need to go down to the ground to have a smoke. By the time I get back I'll need another one!!

Do I get the correct impression 'some' hotels have special rooms (meaning a smoking area for the smokers to congregate in!)? Is this common? Alternatively a non-smoking room with a balcony would be good but there don't seem to be many hotels with balconys.

Advice? (Other than to quit)
Thanks
by meandher  

. 2009/7/29 16:55
Depends on level of accomodation (Hyatt or backpacker?) I guess. Japan has some...weird?? behaviours around smoking, when compared to western countries (eg you can't smoke on the street, but you can smoke in restaurants). My whole point is you may have issues trying to specify "non smoking" in hotel room bookings.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread