Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takaragawa Onsen: Which Building? 2009/7/30 04:35
I would like to book a room at this onsen, but am not sure about the building/room selection. I do not require a shower in the room, but would prefer the older buildings to the newer concrete one. However, the reservation page is a little uncelar on which bldg. is which.
Thanks!
by JTK  

Takaragawa Onsen 2009/7/30 09:54
Hi JTK,
I stayed there several years ago, and requested a corner room next to the river and the nearest to the outdoor bath . Being located in the corner, we had view to the river and to the rotenburo from both windows.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Did you book through the onsen? 2009/7/30 10:06
Thanks, Liem. Did you book through the onsen direct? Do you remember which type of room you requested?
by JTK rate this post as useful

Takaragawa Onsen 2009/7/30 11:23
Hi JTK,
I do not remember the name of the building, but it has only three floor, and only three corner rooms ,almost next to the bridge leading to the rotenburo. I think those three rooms have the best view of the entire building.
The room has toilet but no bath.
We booked the room directly , and could be over the phone as well? I remember requesting the room specifically for our anniversary.
We were very lucky, the first snow fell that day, which made our stay more memorable.

best view of the river and rotenburo 2009/7/30 11:27
Hi JTK,
I do not remember the name of the building, but it has only three floor, and only three corner rooms ,almost next to the bridge leading to the rotenburo. I think those three rooms have the best view of the river and outdoor baths.
The room has toilet but no bath.
We booked the room directly , and could be over the phone as well? I remember requesting the room specifically for our anniversary.
We were very lucky, the first snow fell that day, which made our stay more memorable.

How do you get there? 2009/8/1 03:36
I can't believe it, I just booked this onsen for two days end of August.

Can you please tell me how I can get there from tokyo? i checked the website but their directions are too confusing.
by Mrtravel (guest) rate this post as useful

Directions 2009/8/1 03:47
It is not easy to get to this onsen but the following should help.
http://www.japaneseguesthouses.com/db/gunma/osenkaku_pr...
by ryokans rate this post as useful

Thanks much 2009/8/1 06:10
Thanks Ryokans for the link.

One more question, what train should I take from JR Ueno Train station to the onsen, and do you have any ideas how much yen it might cost?
by Mrtravel (guest) rate this post as useful

Access 2009/8/2 00:55
Mrtravel,
For Yen 3000 take the JR takasaki line to Takasaki, change to JR Joetsu line till Minakami, from there by bus, additional Yen 1000.
For Yen 5000 take one of the three daily ( 07.20 h, 10.00 h, 12.00 h ) Ltd Express Minakami till Minakami and then bus.
For Yen 6000 you can take the shinkansen between Ueno and Takasaki, then JR Joetsu line to Minakami then bus.
The English web side of the onsen has access information and timetable, adjust your arrival in Minakami to the bus timetable to the onsen:
http://www.takaragawa.com/english.html

by Peter (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread