Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can someone check my itinerary is ok? 2009/7/31 08:30
I've worked out my itinerary, but since I have no idea of Japan I'm not 100% sure I'm not going to run into problems with it. Could you kind guys (and gals) check it and give suggestions/point out problems?

Heres my PDF:
www.chihuahuarescue.com.au/japantrip.pdf
by meandher  

Heres a cut down of it: 2009/7/31 13:13
Day 1: (arrive 6.55pm) Stay: The Prince Park Tower Tokyo

Day 2: Leave Early go to Mt FUJI (head to Kawaguchiko station) Dinner in Shinjyuku on return. Stay: The Prince Park Tower Tokyo

Day 3: Checkout from Prince Park, have them hold luggage. See Asakusa Kannon Temple, Akihabara (Electronic City), Kamakura Big Buddha. Pickup luggage, then Travel to Chidoricho for the night. Stay: Ryokan Kangetsu

Day 4: Tama Zoo. Stay: Ryokan Kangetsu

Day 5: JR Pass Starts today. Leave early, head to Kyoto, drop in luggage to hold prior to check-in. Sights: Sagano Bamboo grove and visit Monkey Park Iwatayama and Kinkakuji (Golden Pavilion), visit Gion. Stay: Hirashin Ryokan Hotel

Day 6: Travel to Okayama. Sights: Yubara Onsen. Stay: Yunokura Tsuruya

Day 7: Hiroshima day trip. Stay: Yunokura Tsuruya again

Day 8: Back to Kyoto. Rest. We are at Kyoto previously but 2 nights there at the same time would have seen us having to travel 5hrs from Okayama to Hakone. Stay: Hirashin Ryokan Hotel, Kyoto

Day 9: Travel to Hakone. Rest. Stay: Hakone Ginyu (yes, expensive)

Day 10: Rest (it’s the Hakone Ginyu afterall!) Stay: Hakone Ginyu

Day 11 (Depart Narita Japan 825PM). Head back into Tokyo from Hakone and then
catch the Limo Coach back to Narita for 8.25pm flight

The only thing I'm now thinking is combine day 6 and 7, and stay 2 nights the second vist in Kyoto instead of 2 nights in Okayama. Will we like Kyoto more than Okyama? Is there time for a day trip to Hiroshima and to get to the Yubara Onsen (5min from hotel) in the same day from Okayama?

Thanks
by meandher rate this post as useful

Other thoughts 2009/7/31 14:45
Other thought I've had is skip staying in Okayama altogether, stay in Kyoto longer or a bit closer back towards tokyo those nights (to make it easier to get back to Hakone at the end), and do Hiroshima and the Yubara Onsen as day trips from Kyoto or similar?

Darn! 2009/7/31 15:11
Bummer, we can't get into the Hakone Ginyu as its fully booked for September.

Will have to look for another. Prefer a luxury Ryokan with views and private bath like the Ginyu

reply to this thread