Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Scholarship 4 exchange program? Or Not? 2009/8/3 21:52
Hi everyone! I'm Adriana and I would really appreciate it if you could give me some advice on an issue that has been bugging me lately...

I am currently studying Japanese and I would like to go there next year or so to widen my knowledge and to get familiar with Japanese language and culture. The thing is, I'm a high school student and living in Vietnam. Also, because of financial issues I can't afford a study trip to Japan. So I searched for scholarship exchange programs but I couldn't find any programs offered for HIGH SCHOOL students in Vietnam. Most exchange programs are for Americans or so...

So the first thing I'd like to ask is if you know any programs or any sites that list such programs.

The second thing is...I'm not sure if going to Japan would be the right thing to do. I'm in 10th grade and enrolled in an American International School right now, where I have a scholarship. Going to Japan would probably mean I'm gonna lose that scholarship. Maybe I should go when I finished 11th grade...

Now I need some advice. Should I go to Japan instead of studying in an American educational environment? Or is it better to go to Japan so I can improve on my language skills faster so that my chances of getting scholarships for universities would be higher?
Or should I just go on a summer exchange program?

I would really appreciate your help on this!

by adrianaTEE  

Hmm.. 2009/8/4 14:16
I would say try a short trip to see if you like Japan first.

Since you're on a scholarship now, I would wait. You're still quite young and I'm not aware of many exchange scholarships for high school students specifically.

Maybe someone else will have more information about that.

The majority of opportunities, that I've come across, anyways, are available during university exchanges.
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks! 2009/8/4 15:55
Thanks very much for your reply!

Summer exchange programs sound very good to me. I wonder if they have scholarships for that kind of thing?
by adrianaTEE rate this post as useful

reply to this thread