Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan Trading Company 2009/8/4 17:45
Hi, I am working in a Singapore based company and we need to import some toys from Japan. However, the Japan companies we are dealing with can only sell it to Japan domestic market and do not sell them overseas.

However, we are advised to engage a Japan trading company (or agent) to buy the toys from these companies and then export to Singapore. What I heard that these types of trading company is known as 'sogo shosha' or something.

I have been searching through the website but can't find any Japan trading companies. Can anyone help and recommend a good and cheap Japan trading company we can use?
by Binbin (guest)  

JETRO 2009/8/6 01:38
Unless you can be a really big (huge) customer, the chance is extremely slim that sogo shosha would be interested in the business with you.
I'd recommend to contact JETRO (Japan External Trade Organization), they have Business Matching Database and they might be able to find some trading companies who are specialized/interested in exporting toys.
http://www.jetro.go.jp/
by magonote (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank you!! 2009/8/11 18:03
Thanks a lot magonote! The website that you have given me is very useful. I have registered our company with the website and there are a few Japan Trading companies replying to my request. I hope to be able to work with them! :)
by Binbin (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread