Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

I would like to work in japan any tips? 2009/8/7 20:17
hi everybody
my name is Daniel i am 20 years
old i am from Romania and i would like some tips/suggestions on how to find work in japan for the 1st time
i don't know were to start ,
how do i get a visa were do i have to go to get one ? at the moment i don't mind what work just as long as i go to japan :P thanks for your time
by DanieruDesu (guest)  

Everyon 2009/8/8 00:18
You and everyone else who loves Japan.
Have you tried searching? This subject has been done to death not only here but on the internet in general.
Take the first steps yourself.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Working in Japan 2009/8/14 10:12
Make sure it's what you really want to do. If you're not married to a Japanese national you will either have to open a business or be some sort of skilled labor that they are in need of in Japan. My number 1 tip is learn to speak Japanese fluently. If you don't speak Japanese 95% of the jobs here will be closed to you. Since you are not from a country where English is the primary language, unless your English is flawless, you will have a difficult time teaching English. I think the best route is to start your own business. Remember, learn Japanese or you will be working for minimum wage as a waiter at a Gaijin bar. Good luck.
by frank65 rate this post as useful

working 2009/8/14 12:16
If you don't speak Japanese 95% of the jobs here will be closed to you. Since you are not from a country where English is the primary language, unless your English is flawless, you will have a difficult time teaching English. I think the best route is to start your own business.

More importantly, if you don't have a bachelor's degree (or your countries equivalent), or many years of work experience in a marketable field (5-10 years minimum) then you won't qualify for a work visa regardless of if you can find a job or not.

Remember, learn Japanese or you will be working for minimum wage as a waiter at a Gaijin bar.

I agree that learning Japanese is important, but don't worry about being stuck in a gaijin bar as you won't qualify for that job either without a proper visa.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

military 2009/8/14 12:43
Join the U.S. military and then get stationed in Japan. :P Just kidding. You could join the merchant marine in your country and work for a line that does a lot of business in Japan. Or work for an airline that flies to Japan.
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

re: I would like to work... 2009/8/14 17:48
I don't have any experience regarding this,
but I would think that perhaps (if you do know how to speak Japanese), you could try working for a (local) company that has connections in Japan. This way you might be able to travel to Japan from time to time (or perhaps live there).

But the most important thing, I'd think, is to know the language (fluently) before trying to get a job in Japan.
by dans tes reves rate this post as useful

reply to this thread