Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Credit Card 2009/8/8 08:32
I know there was some other posts on this subject, but still, I prefer to be sure.

From what I've understood from other posts, it is more convenient to use cash instead of a credit card to buy most things in Japan. However, I don't feel so good about bringing a lot of cash with me.
Are there lots (or some at least) cash distributors to use with a credit card, just in case I don't have enough money on me?
by Lady_a_gogo (guest)  

Cash machines? 2009/8/8 08:51
Lady,

If you are asking about cash machines (ATMs), then they are described on this page...
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2208.html
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

cash/cards 2009/8/8 21:55
Important thing. TAKE credit card by all means. Just don't RELY on it - meaning never go out with only a card and not enough cash to cover what you will be buying. Esp important at night when many ATMs are 'shut' - crazy I know but that's machines in Japan for ya!
by Top Tonkatsu rate this post as useful

... 2009/8/10 08:16
Esp important at night when many ATMs are 'shut' - crazy I know but that's machines in Japan for ya!

It may be better than in some other countries where ATMs are "supposed to" be open even at night but at times they are out of service or out of cash :) In Japan the banks want to keep them open only when they can be available for maintenance properly - so that when people come, the machines always work and cash is available for withdrawal. Different countries take different approaches.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread