Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

kyoto nara hakone and tokyo 2009/8/11 11:59
I am trying to organize a trip for my family 7 people from the 25 aug - 2 sep.. and would love some advise please on the itinerary plan. We like to go to hakone for hot springs for 1 night, and nara for one day, kyoto for 2 days and tokyo disney sea and exploring the city. Any advise on the order where to go will be so helpfull.
And we also considering to get a JR pass but not sure when is the best time to use it for the first time.
and some advise too for budget family accomodation with bathroom inside - in strategic location or walking distance to station - will help a lot with the budgeting too ..
thank you so much!!!
by Eruna (guest)  

... 2009/8/11 14:13
Where (which airport) are you flying into Japan, and where are you flying out from? That would help in suggesting some itinerary for you :)
by AK rate this post as useful

In and Out will be from Narita 2009/8/11 14:47
Hi AK,
Thank you so much for your reply, I will be arriving and departing from Narita.
I have an itinerary suggestion from a friend and would like to know your opinion
25 arriving in tokyo
26 heading to hakone (trying out the hot springs)
27 hakone to kyoto
28 kyoto
29 kyoto - nara day trip - back to kyoto
30 kyoto to tokyo
31 tokyo disney sea or
nikko day trip
1 tokyo city tour
2 returning home

AK, i have not yet found budget accomodation for my family for the whole trip and would greatly appreciate any help and suggestions.

Regarding JR pass, when would be the best time to activate it?

Thank you so much!!
by Eruna (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/8/11 15:19
That itinerary sounds fine to me.

Regarding 7-day Japan Rail pass, it pays off already if you make the return trip between Tokyo and Kyoto within a 7-day period.

You can activate it on 26th when you start from Tokyo (to get to Hakone, you can take JR Shinkansen to Odawara; within Hakone, it's all non-JR, so you might want to buy Hakone Free Pass), then you can use it for all youf Kyoto and Nara trip, then back to Tokyo, and within/around Tokyo. (Your JR Pass will not be valid for your return to Narita airport, so you need to pay separately or take other non-JR alternative such as Keisei Skyliner/Limited Express, or limousine bus.)
by AK rate this post as useful

Family trip 2009/8/11 17:35
If you are struggling with an itinerary there are companies out there who will do all the planning for you, and can fit to your budget. Check the links aroud these pages. Nice to not have the hassle of doing it yourself.
by Top Tonkatsu rate this post as useful

Thank you 2009/8/11 17:56
To AK and Top Kontatsu,
Thank you so much for the reply.. I will check more links out and will shoot more questions later if im stucked again.. Thank you so much once again!!
by Eruna (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread