Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Metro 2-Day Open Ticket 2009/8/18 18:46
Is it worth paying 980 for this 2 day pass? I'll be in Tokyo for 4 days before heading to Kyoto & other parts. I'll be staying at K's House at Asakusa. I'll be doing the standard sight seeing + shopping + eating in Tokyo for this 4 days. So shd I buy individual trai tic or get this open ticket? Thanks!
by apii  

PASMO/SUICA! 2009/8/18 19:46
Hi. Get PASMO or SUICA - dont worry about trying to save a few hundred yen with the one/two day cards. You WONT spend a huge amount on local transport - go SUICA/PASMO and enjoy your stay.
by Hikari365 rate this post as useful

Also 2009/8/18 20:28
In addition, you may find part of the journeys are quickest/easiest on JR trains, which the metro pass doesn't cover. Rather than stuffing around, using a Suica card is easy peasy, just scan and go.
by meandher rate this post as useful

. 2009/8/18 21:49
Playing devil's advocate, I think the 2 day pass is an excellent deal.

Tokyo Metro has more coverage and goes to more places then JR, sometimes you might have to make one extra transfer other times you don't.

980/2 comes out to only 490yen per day, which any tourist can easily spend more then one day. So in my personal opinion, YES it covers only Tokyo Metro lines , however the 9 nine/ lines of Tokyo Metro pretty much covers the vast majority of places in Central Tokyo, some of which JR trains don't even go to, also the price can't be beat.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

2 options 2009/9/2 19:33
I suggest you 2 options

first, buy 2 day pass 980 yen and pay for additional ticket (about 170 yen) from Kuramae to asakusa or ueno or other station that connect to Tokyo Metro subway
e.g. ticket from Kuramae to Asakusa ( 170 yen) + use 2 day pass ( 490 yen/day) + ticket from Asakusa back to Kuramae (170 yen) = 170+490+170 = 830 yen/day

You don't go to asakusa everytime that you travel. you can go to any station that connect to Tokyo metro subway.
e.g.Nihombashi station, you pay 170 yen take train from Kuramae to Nihombashi and use your pass

second , you can buy Common One-day Ticket for Tokyo Metro & Toei Subway
http://www.tokyometro.jp/global/en/ticket/oneday.html#o...

Kuramae is on Toei Subway.you can use this pass on any Tokyo Metro subway or Toei subway.It's 1000 yen/day

If you 're first time in Tokyo, I suggest you option1 or option2.
If you familar with tokyo train, I suggest Pasmo or Suica
by cactus (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread