Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone Prince Hotel Lakeside Annex 2009/8/19 16:09
I intend to purchase a 2 day Hakone free area pass. How do I get to the Hakone Prince Hotel Lakeside Annex (near Mt Komagatake)?
To do the circuit which way is recommended. Clock-wise or anti-clockwise?
by Michelle (guest)  

... 2009/8/20 08:58
How do I get to the Hakone Prince Hotel Lakeside Annex (near Mt Komagatake)?

The Prince Hotel is owned by the competitor of the operator of the Hakone Free Pass. As a result, access to the hotel by the Hakone Free Pass is not convenient. You might want to look into the "Hakone Smile Coupon", which is a similar pass as the Hakone Free Pass, except that it is valid on transportation by the competing Izuhakone group:
http://www.izuhakone.co.jp/smile/index.htm

Unfortunately, Izuhakone does not provide any information to foreign travelers, so it is hard to find any information in English about the pass.

If you want to use the Hakone Free Pass, nevertheless, the easiest method of access is by Odakyu Highway Bus from Togendai. The bus stops close to the hotel. However, there is no connection between Moto-Hakone and the hotel, which is covered by the Hakone Free Pass. Also, the sightseeing boats that stop at Hakone-en near the hotel, are not covered by the Hakone Free Pass.

To do the circuit which way is recommended. Clock-wise or anti-clockwise?

I recommend to do one half (Yumoto-Togendai) on the first day and the second half on the second day (Togendai-Yumoto), and access your hotel from Togendai. The direction does not matter.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread