Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visting Lake Chuzenji 2009/8/21 01:53
Hi,
I read that I can take a bus from Tobu Nikko Station to Akechidaira bus stop and then take ropeway to Akechidaira Plateau. However, I'm still not clear on the orientation as I see an elevator being mentioned as well.

1. Where do I take the elevator from?
2. Is the ropeway 2-way? How much does it cost?
3. How do I get back after taking the ropeway?
4. Is Ryuzu Falls worth visiting?

Also, I'm going in late November and would like to know how's the climate condition at Nikko.

Thank you very much.
by vlazygirl (guest)  

... 2009/8/21 09:09
1. Where do I take the elevator from?

From near the Lake Chuzenji bus stop.

Is the ropeway 2-way?

Yes, you can use it in both direction. In fact, most people use it in both directions, although it is also possible to hike between the top station and Lake Chuzenji.

How much does it cost?

A few hundred yen.

3. How do I get back after taking the ropeway?

The ropeway is located at Akechidaira, which is a little bit away from Lake Chuzenji. You best visit it along the bus ride from central Nikko to the lake.

Is Ryuzu Falls worth visiting?

Not really in late November. It will be a waterfall surrounded by barren trees. Still nice, but not necessarily worth the effort of going there, unless you are using a rental car and drive by anyway.

Also, I'm going in late November and would like to know how's the climate condition at Nikko.

The average daytime high is only 5 degrees at Lake Chuzenji. The temperatures fall below freezing during the nights, and there is a chance of snow. In central Nikko, it is a few degrees warmer.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Akechidaira to Lake Chuzenji 2009/8/21 12:09
Thank you for your reply! I think I would not go to Ryuzu then, since it is quite a distance away too.

So, does it means:
- Take a bus from Tobu Nikko to Akechidaira,
- Take ropeway up then down back to Akechidaira
- Take bus from Akechidaira to Lake Chuzenji
- Take bus from Lake Chuzenji to Tobu Nikko

I didn't know it would already be so cold at Lake Chuzenji! Do people usually visit the lake in mid-to-late November or is it not a good time?
by vlazygirl (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/8/23 04:00
- Take a bus from Tobu Nikko to Akechidaira,
- Take ropeway up then down back to Akechidaira
- Take bus from Akechidaira to Lake Chuzenji
- Take bus from Lake Chuzenji to Tobu Nikko

Yes, eacxtly.

Do people usually visit the lake in mid-to-late November or is it not a good time?

The lake gets visited year around. But there are less visitors after the end of the autumn leaf season.
by Uji rate this post as useful

thank you 2009/8/23 12:38
Thanks for help!
by vlazygirl (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/8/23 12:44
When you get to Lake Chuzenji, be sure to visit the Kegon Falls as well. There is a walkway marked clearly, then you take an elevator down to see the waterfalls. Maybe this is the elevator you were referring to? :)
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread