Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Skateboarding in Nagoya 2009/8/22 04:47
Ok, so i tried posting this and I have no idea where it was posted. So I will try again. I will be in Nagoya as a study abroad student. I was curious as to where any skateparks/shops are. Anyone?
Thanks,
Michael
by Mahouts  

Skate 2009/8/25 23:43
Mahouts, i've never even seen a single skateboard here in the last 4 years.
Thats not to say there isnt any skate part somewhere, I'm sure there is. But skate culture does not exist on the streets. There are some *skate* shops that sell brand clothes but not the boards believe it or not.
by Kevin (guest) rate this post as useful

Park 2009/8/26 00:07
I mean Park not part :( downsized my laptop considerably and having a hard time getting used to typing on it.

hm... 2009/8/26 01:38
wow, that's kind of disappointing. I wanted to buy a skateboard deck while I was over there so I wouldn't have to transport it. I can't believe they sell just the clothes but no boards. Thanks though.
by Mahouts rate this post as useful

Nagoya 2009/8/26 18:02
I'm sure there are specific places that do sell the boards.
It's probably more for a good reason they are not just anywhere. Try whipping one out in the city and everyone would be giving you dirty looks before asking you to get off :)

Wife says there is a small skate park in Wakamiya. You would likely find a shop there that sells everything you need.

Skating in nagoya 2009/9/13 09:01
Hey man, I've lived in Japan my whole life and been skating here for half of it. Skate culture here is pretty small, but its pretty core. Decks and trucks and stuff are a bit pricey. Im buying blank decks as 70 bucks.. but theres at least 2 skate shops in sakae of nagoya. and theres 1 skate park under the overpass (think they are having a comp there today). but more than the park, theres sick street spots every where. So when you come to nagoya maybe ill see you skating some where. let me know if you wanna know anything else.
by dreadhead rate this post as useful

Shops 2009/9/13 09:03
oh yeah, the shops are called "action blue trip" and "A.S.R." i think. Thats Sakae (downtown) Nagoya.
by dreadhead rate this post as useful

thanks 2009/9/14 17:48
Ok, Thats pretty awesome. Well the whole skatepark and shop. Not the prices. I will have to check them out soon. I am really itching to skate. Thanks
by Mahouts (guest) rate this post as useful

Skate 2009/9/14 18:54
Don't get too excited. The skatepark in Sakae is Helton and well, google it for yourself. As far as skate parks go it's pretty poor. You normally see more people roller blading there.

Best option is to go to Wakamiya.
There are also laws in various parts of Japan against various boarding sports out in the streets.
I've been hit with a 30,000Y fine just going down the sidewalk in Nagoya city (right past a cop mind you).
Dreadhead no doubt you are part of the club at Wakamiya being a skater for awhile. I probably know you, what's your Initials? Mines MG.
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Wakamiya park 2009/10/27 07:50
I've seen pictures of this park online but can't seem to find it now. I'll be in Nagoya this coming week and wanted to skate there(wakamiya) is it still there? Any pools or bowls to skate in nagoya?
by mrksk8 (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/10/27 14:36
I havent got to go to it yet but I went to action blue chip and the owner told me there is a skatepark near Yabacho station. I think it is the same one but I dont know yet. I want to go soon but school and such keep getting in the way. If anyone else knows better directions I would like to know.
by Mahouts (guest) rate this post as useful

info to park 2009/10/28 22:55
Thanks for the info. I'm gonna skate around the city tomorrow morning and check it out. I think I'm staying a few blocks from that skate park. Aloha...
by mrksk8 (guest) rate this post as useful

parks in nagoya 2010/6/25 11:26
there are 2 parks in nagoya both free.
one at wamamiya
http://www.commotionworld.com/areaguide/actionsport/tokai/aichi/wakami...

the other in the north of the city
http://www.commotionworld.com/areaguide/actionsport/tokai/aichi/komaki...

you can see the ramps when you zoom in
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=%E6%84%9...

there arnt many parks in aichi so youll have to travel if you want a pool and stuff
by sod (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread